"MILFORD, a tything in the parishes of Laverstock and Salisbury St. Martin, hundred of Underditch, county Wilts, half a mile E. of Salisbury, of which city it is a suburb."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Milford was a tything in the parish of Laverstock and is 1 mile East of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU160300. Postcode SP1 1PT. Population 489 in 1831
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Milford area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
We are not aware of any parish registers specific to this place.
- A transcription of the section for Milford from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Milford from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Milford to another place.
- The entry for Milford from British History Online.
- View maps of Milford and places within its boundaries.