"MILSTON, a parish in the hundred of Amesbury, county Wilts, 3 miles N. of Amesbury, its post town, and 10 N.E. of Salisbury. The village, which is small, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. The parish contains the hamlet of Brigmerston. The living is a rectory* with the curacy of Brigmerston annexed, in the diocese of Sarum, value £275. The church, which is of great antiquity, is dedicated to St. Mary. The parsonage house was the birth-place of Addison, the poet and statesman, in 1672, at which period his father was rector of the parish."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Milston is 3 miles North of Amesbury. Grid Ref SU163452. Postcode SP4 8HT. Population 107 in 1831, 154 in 1951.