"MILTON LILBOURNE, a parish in the hundred of Kinwardstone, county Wilts, 2 miles N.E. of Pewsey, its post town, and 7 S. of Marlborough. The village, which is small, is chiefly agricultural. The parish includes the tythings of Milton, Fyfield, and Clinch. The Kennet and Avon canal flows through the northern part of the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Sarum, value £111. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure, with a square tower containing six bells. There is a National school. The Marquis of Ailesbury is lord of the manor and chief landowner."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Milton Lilborne is 2 miles E of Pewsey. Grid Ref SU189604. Postcode SN9 5LL. Population 660 in 1831, 551 in 1951.