National Gazetteer (1868) - Monkton Deverill
"DEVERILL MONCKTON, a parish in the hundred of Damerham, in the county of Wilts, 4 miles N.E. of Mere. There is no village, only a few scattered houses. The living is a curacy* annexed to Deverill Longbridge, as above. It was a cell to Bec Abbey before 1086. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent charge of £125, and the rectorial for £60, besides 51 acres of glebe."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]