We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Netherhampton
"HAMPTON NETHER, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 1 mile S.E. of Wilton, and 2½ W. of Salisbury. The village, which is very small and wholly agricultural, is included in the parliamentary borough of Wilton. The tithes have been commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act obtained in 1783. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Wilton. The church, dedicated to St. Catherine, is an ancient structure. The Earl of Pembroke is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]