"NORTH BRADLEY, a parish in the hundred of Whorwelsdown, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the S. of Trowbridge, its post town. It lies on the confines of Somersetshire, on the east side of the river Frome. A small stream, a branch of the Frome, crosses the parish The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £398, in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of Winchester College. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. There is another church, called Christ Church, erected by Dr. Daubeny, Archdeacon of Salisbury, at the village of Road Hill, the living of which is a perpetual curacy value £159, in the patronage of the vicar. There is also a chapel belonging to the Baptists. The charitable endowments of the parish amount to £123 per annum, consisting chiefly of the income of the asylum for 4 poor persons, and the free school, founded and endowed by Dr. Daubeny."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
North Bradley is 2 miles South of Trowbridge. Grid Ref ST858554. Population 2,477 in 1831, 985 in 1951.