National Gazetteer (1868) - North Bradley
"NORTH BRADLEY, a parish in the hundred of Whorwelsdown, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the S. of Trowbridge, its post town. It lies on the confines of Somersetshire, on the east side of the river Frome. A small stream, a branch of the Frome, crosses the parish The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £398, in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of Winchester College. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. There is another church, called Christ Church, erected by Dr. Daubeny, Archdeacon of Salisbury, at the village of Road Hill, the living of which is a perpetual curacy value £159, in the patronage of the vicar. There is also a chapel belonging to the Baptists. The charitable endowments of the parish amount to £123 per annum, consisting chiefly of the income of the asylum for 4 poor persons, and the free school, founded and endowed by Dr. Daubeny."
"SOUTHWICK, a tything in the parish of North Bradley, county Wilts, 2 miles S.W. of Trowbridge. The village is considerable. The weaving of cloth is carried on to some extent. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £160, in the patronage of the vicar. The church is a modern structure, dedicated to Christ."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]