We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Norton Bavant
"NORTON BAVANT, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 2½ miles S.E. of Warminster. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated on the road from Bath to Salisbury, near the river Wiley. About half the land is arable, and the remainder pasture and downs. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £250. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has been recently rebuilt. The charities produce about £3 per annum. There is a parochial school supported by subscription. The principal residence is Norton House."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]