National Gazetteer (1868) - Norton Coleparle
NORTON-COLEPARLE, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 4 miles S.W. of Malmesbury, its post town, and 8 N.W. of Chippenham. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is situated near the Roman way Ackman Street. The inhabitants are wholly engaged in agriculture. The surface is elevated and wooded. The soil is chiefly clay, alternated with stone brash. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £77 14s., and the vicarial for £100. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £110. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to All Saints. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]