"NUNTON, a parish in the hundred of Downton, county Wilts, 3½ miles S.E. of Salisbury, its post town, and 98½ from London. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy* annexed to the vicarage of Downton, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a National school. The Baptists have a place of worship. New Hall is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Nunton was a chapelry in the parish of Downton. Nunton is 2 miles South of Salisbury, Nunton is at Grid Ref SU160260. Bodenham is adjacent to the East and is by the river Avon.