National Gazetteer (1868) - Nunton and Bodenham
NUNTON, a parish in the hundred of Downton, county Wilts, 3½ miles S.E. of Salisbury, its post town, and 98½ from London. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy* annexed to the vicarage of Downton, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a National school. The Baptists have a place of worship. New Hall is the principal residence.
BODENHAM, a joint parish with Nunton, in the hundred of Downton, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles to the S.E. of Salisbury.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]