"OAKSEY, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 6 miles S.W. of Cirencester, its post town, 5 N.E. of Malmesbury, and 2 S. of the Tetbury Junction railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the line of the Cheltenham railway, and is wholly agricultural. The parish includes Flintham and Wick. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £500. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has an embattled tower containing six bells. The church has some stained windows, and an ancient square font. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum. There is a National school. The Primitive Methodists have a place of worship. Mrs. Salisbury, of Salisbury, is lady of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Oaksey is 5 miles NE of Malmesbury. Grid Ref ST991936. Population 494 in 1831, 334 in 1951.