"ODSTOCK, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 3 miles S. of Salisbury, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is chiefly agricultural. At Clearbury Ring, to the S. of the village, is an extensive mound probably at one time a Roman camp. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1783. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £282. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Odstock is 3 miles South of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU146262. Population 148 in 1831, 561 in 1951.