We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Odstock
"ODSTOCK, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 3 miles S. of Salisbury, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Avon, and is chiefly agricultural. At Clearbury Ring, to the S. of the village, is an extensive mound probably at one time a Roman camp. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1783. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £282. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]