"ORCHESTON ST. MARY, a parish in the hundred of Branch, county Wilts, half a mile N. of Orcheston St. George, and 11 miles S.E. of Devizes, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. It is situated near the road from Devizes to Salisbury. The glebe comprises 38 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £361, in the patronage of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone edifice, with a square tower containing three bells. The chancel has recently been rebuilt. Miss M. F. Mills is lady of the manor."
Orcheston St Mary is 7 miles NW of Amesbury. Grid Ref SU058456. Orcheston St George and Orcheston St Mary are shown together as Orcheston on current Ordnance Survey maps. Population 134 in 1831, 1851 see Orcheston St George.