PEWSHAM, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Chippenham, county Wilts, 1½ mile S.E. of Chippenham.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Pewsham was an extra-parochial liberty and is 2 miles SE of Chippenham. Grid Ref ST948708. Population 383 in 1831, 561 in 1951
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Pewsham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
We do not know of any church records specific to this extra-parochial place.
- A transcription of the section for Pewsham from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Pewsham from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Pewsham to another place.
- The entry for Pewsham from British History Online.
- View maps of Pewsham and places within its boundaries.