National Gazetteer (1868) - Poulshot
"POULSHOT, a parish in the hundred of Melksham, county Wilts, 3½ miles S.W. of Devizes, its post town, and 7 S.E. of Melksham. The village, which is small, is situated at the extremity of a green; the high road intersecting the parish. The inhabitants are wholly engaged in agriculture. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £380, and the glebe comprises 80 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £463, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, has a stone tower containing three bells. It has recently been restored at the expense of the rector, and stands about a mile S. of the village. There is a National school for both sexes. Walter Long, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]