National Gazetteer (1868) - Rollestone
"ROLLSTONE, (or Rowleston), a parish in the hundred of Elstub, county Wilts, 10 miles N. of Salisbury, 5½ W. of Amesbury, and half a mile S. of Shrewton. Devizes is its post town. The village, which is of small extent and wholly agricultural, is situated on the road from Salisbury to Devizes. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £170, and the glebe contains 5 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Sarum, value £150. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient edifice, and has recently undergone thorough restoration. W. A. Heathcote, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]