"RUSHALL, a parish in the hundred of Swanborough, county Wilts, 3 miles S.W. of Pewsey, and 9 N.W. of Ludgershall. The village, which is small, and chiefly agricultural, is situated on the river Avon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £400, in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford. The Baptists have a place of worship. There is a school, partly supported by subscriptions. The principal residence is the Hall, belonging to Sir E. Poore, Bart., of Cufnalls."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Parish and village. Wilts. on river Avon. 3½ miles south of Pewsey. 2204 acres. Grid Ref SU125556. Postcode SN9 6EQ. Population 244 in 1831, 135 in 1951. Contains Rushall Hall - seat.