Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Seagry
"SEAGRY, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 6 miles N.E. of Chippenham, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Malmesbury. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Avon. The parish contains the tythings of Upper and Lower Seagry. The great tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £163, and the vicarial for £159 16s. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £173. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has been recently rebuilt. It has one bell, and contains an ancient font."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]