Open a form to report problems or contribute information
National Gazetteer (1868) - Semington
"SEMINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of Steeple Ashton, hundred of Whorwelsdown, county Wilts, 2 miles S. of Melksham railway station, and 3 N.E. of Trowbridge. Chippenham is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Kennet and Avon canal, and a branch of the river Avon. It is chiefly agricultural. The Melksham union poorhouse is in this chapelry. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Steeple Ashton, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is dedicated to St. George. There is a National school. The Wesleyans have a place of worship."