"SHERRINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Branch and Dole, county Wilts, 4 miles S.E. of Heytesbury, its post town, 3 N.W. of Wiley, and 7 S.E. of Warminster. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Wiley, and is wholly agricultural. The South Wilts hounds meet at Sherrington Pond. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £259, and the glebe comprises 21 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Sarum, value £238. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a small structure containing a bell turret. The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum. On the downs are several barrows. The Rev. P. A. Fane is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Sherrington is 5 miles NE of Hindon. Grid Ref ST960393. Postcode BA12 0SN. Population 179 in 1831, 96 in 1951.