"SLAUGHTERFORD, a parish in the hundred of Chippenham, county Wilts, 5 miles N.W. of Chippenham, its post town, and 9 E. of Bath. The village, which is considerable, is situated on Box brook, a branch of the river Avon. In the vicinity is Bury-Wood camp, on the Fosse Way. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Biddestone, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient structure with a tower containing one bell."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Slaughterford is 5 miles NW of Chippenham. Grid Ref ST839740. Postcode SN14 8RE. Population 115 in 1831.