National Gazetteer (1868) - Somerford Keynes
SOMERFORD-KEYNES, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 5 miles N.W. of Cricklade, its post town, and 3 N. of the Minety railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Thames, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £261. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a tower containing six bells. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. There is a school, which is partly free. The Rev. C. Faucett, M.A., is lord of the manor.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]