"SOUTH DAMERHAM, a parish in the hundred of the same name, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles W. of Fordingbridge. The village is situated on the road to Shaftesbury, near a branch of the river Avon. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £280, in the patronage of the Earl of Chichester. The church is dedicated to St. George. The Baptists and Independents have chapels. There are schools, chiefly supported by the vicar."
South Damerham was at the Southern tip of Wiltshire, 9 miles South of Wilton, and 4 miles NE of Cranbourn (Dorset), and was later in Hampshire. Grid Ref SU104154. Postcode SP6 3HW. Population 716 in 1831, 470 in 1951.