National Gazetteer (1868) - South Damerham
SOUTH DAMERHAM, a parish in the hundred of the same name, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles W. of Fordingbridge. The village is situated on the road to Shaftesbury, near a branch of the river Avon. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £280, in the patronage of the Earl of Chichester. The church is dedicated to St. George. The Baptists and Independents have chapels. There are schools, chiefly supported by the vicar.
NORTH-END, a tything in the parish of South Damerham, county Wilts, 9 miles S. of Salisbury.
SOUTH END, a tything in the parish of South Damerham, county Wilts, 9 miles S. of Salisbury.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]