"SOUTH MARSTON, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 4 miles S.W. of Highworth. The Great Western railway passes through the chapelry The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The chapel-of-ease is a small ancient edifice. There is a school supported by subscription."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
South Marston was a chapelry of Highworth and is 2 miles S of Highworth, 3 miles NE of Swindon. Grid Ref SU195880. Postcode SN3 4SR. Population 339 in 1831, 374 in 1951.