Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - South Marston
"SOUTH MARSTON, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 4 miles S.W. of Highworth. The Great Western railway passes through the chapelry The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The chapel-of-ease is a small ancient edifice. There is a school supported by subscription."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]