Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - South Wraxall
"SOUTH WRAXALL, a tything and chapelry in the parish of Bradford on Avon, county Wilts, 7 miles S.E. of Bath, 3 N. of Bradford, and 7 S. of North Wraxall. The chapelry includes the hamlets of Upper and Lower Wraxall, and has for many generations belonged to the Longs. The living is a curacy, consolidated with the neighbouring chapelry of Atworth, which together have recently been formed into a separate ecclesiastical district."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]