National Gazetteer (1868) - Southbroom
"SOUTHBROOM, a chapelry in the parish of Bishop's Cannings, hundred of Potterne, county Wilts, 2 miles from Devizes, its post town. It is situated on the Kennet and Avon canal. The Devizes Union poorhouse and a lunatic asylum are situated in this district. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Sarum, value £150, in the patronage of the vicar. The church is a modern structure. Southbroom House is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]