"STANDLYNCH, a parish in the hundred of Downton, county Wilts, 5 miles S.E. of Salisbury. The village, which is inconsiderable, is situated on the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. Trafalgar House, the principal residence, is in a well-wooded park. It was purchased by the crown trustees to be conferred on the brother of Lord Nelson in 1805."
No church records, so far as we know. There is a church, described by Pevsner as being built in 1677. It is adjacent to Trafalgar House, built in 1733 and given by the nation to the heirs of Lord Nelson in 1814.