"STANTON ST. QUINTIN, (or Lower Stanton), a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 4 miles N.W. of Chippenham, its post town and railway station, and 5 S.W. of Malmesbury. The village, which is small, is situated on Akeman Street, and is wholly agricultural. The Beaufort hounds meet in this parish. There are stone quarries. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £312. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, is an ancient cruciform structure with a Norman tower, and was once collegiate. There is a free school for both sexes, chiefly supported by the Earl of Radnor and the Rev. C. G. Cotes."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Stanton St Quintin is 4 miles NW of Chippenham. Grid Ref ST905798. Postcode SN14 6DQ. Population 317 in 1831, 1,184 in 1951.