"STAVERTON, a chapelry in the parish of Trowbridge, hundred of Melksham, county Wilts, 2 miles N. of Trowbridge, its post town. It is situated on the Wilts and Berks canal and the river Avon. A portion of the inhabitants are engaged in the cloth manufacture. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Sarum, value £100, in the patronage of the Rector of Trowbridge."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Staverton was a chapelry of Trowbridge and is 2 miles N of Trowbridge. Grid Ref ST856608. Postcode BA14 6PE. Population in 1831, 288 in 1951.