National Gazetteer (1868) - Staverton
STAVERTON, a chapelry in the parish of Trowbridge, hundred of Melksham, county Wilts, 2 miles N. of Trowbridge, its post town. It is situated on the Wilts and Berks canal and the river Avon. A portion of the inhabitants are engaged in the cloth manufacture. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Sarum, value £100, in the patronage of the Rector of Trowbridge.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]