National Gazetteer (1868) - Sutton Benger
"SUTTON-BENGER, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 4 miles N.E. of Chippenham, its post town, and 36 N.W. of Salisbury. The village is situated on the river Avon and the Great Western railway. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £285, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a free school, entirely supported by the Rev. G. T. March. Viscount Wellesley is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]