"SUTTON-BENGER, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 4 miles N.E. of Chippenham, its post town, and 36 N.W. of Salisbury. The village is situated on the river Avon and the Great Western railway. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £285, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a free school, entirely supported by the Rev. G. T. March. Viscount Wellesley is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Sutton Benger is 5 miles NE of Chippenham. Grid Ref ST947787. Postcode SN15 4RH. Population 443 in 1831, 664 in 1951.
- All Saints, Seagry Road, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Sutton Benger area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Sutton Benger, All Saints:
- A transcription of the section for Sutton Benger from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Sutton Benger from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Sutton Benger to another place.
- The entry for Sutton Benger from British History Online.
- View maps of Sutton Benger and places within its boundaries.