National Gazetteer (1868) - Sutton Mandeville
"SUTTON-MANDEVILLE, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 11 miles S.W. of Salisbury, its post town, and 7 from Hindon. The village is situated on the road from Salisbury to Shaftesbury, and about midway between the Dinton and Tisbury stations, on the Salisbury and Yeovil railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £310. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is old. The register dates from 1654. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. W. Wyndham, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]