National Gazetteer (1868) - Sutton Veny
SUTTON-VENEY, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 3 miles S.E. of Warminster, its post town, and 2 S.W. of Heytesbury. The village is situated near the river Wiley. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £800. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard. The parochial charities produce about £11 per annum. There is a free school. The Independents and Baptists have chapels.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]