"TIDCOMBE, a parish in the hundred of Kinwardstone, county Wilts, 7 miles S.W. of Hungerford. It includes the hamlet of Fosbury. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Sarum, value £77, in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is also the district church of Fosbury, the living of which is a perpetual curacy The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Tidcombe is 6 miles NE of Ludgershall, and included Fosbury. Grid Ref SU290583. Postcode SN8 3SL. Population 243 in 1831, 158 in 1951 with Fosbury.