We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Upton Scudamore
"UPTON SCUDAMORE, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 2 miles N. of Warminster, its post town, and 2½ S.W. of Westbury railway station. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £456, in the patronage of Queen's College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin, was rebuilt in 1859. The living was once held by T. Owen, the Oriental scholar. The Scudamores, who gave their name to the parish, were its owners from the Conquest to the time of Edward III. There is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]