"WARDOUR, a parish in the hundred of Dunworth, county Wilts. See Tisbury."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Wardour is 5 miles S of Hindon. Wardour Castle is at Grid Ref ST927269. Postcode SP3 6RH. Wardour is in the parish of Tisbury.
- All Saints, Wardour Castle, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wardour area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
For Wardour Castle Roman Catholic Chapel, see All Saints, Tisbury.
- A transcription of the section for Wardour from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Wardour from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Wardour to another place.
- The entry for Wardour from British History Online.
- View maps of Wardour and places within its boundaries.