"WESTWOOD, (or Westwood cum Iford) a parish in the district of Trowbridge, forming a detached portion of the hundred of Elstub, county Wilts, 2 miles S.W. of Bradford, and 3 N.W. of Trowbridge. It is situated in the vale of the Avon, near its junction with the Frome, and at a short distance from the Kennet and Avon canal, which runs parallel with the Avon. The village contains the poorhouse for the Bradford union. The land chiefly belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, annexed to the vicarage of Bradford. The dedication of the church is unknown. There is a National school for boys and girls. At Iford are traces of a Roman settlement."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Westwood is 2 miles SW of Bradford. Grid Ref ST813590. Postcode BA15 2AE. Population 390 in 1831, 915 in 1951.