National Gazetteer (1868) - Whaddon
WHADDON, a parish in the hundred of Melksham, county Wilts, 3 miles N.E. of Trowbridge. The parish is intersected by the river Avon and the Kennet and Avon canal. The living is a discharged rectory annexed to that of Hilperton. The manor belongs to Walter Long, Esq., M.P., who resides at Hilperton.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]