"WILSFORD, a parish in the hundred of Underditch, county Wilts, 2 miles S.W. of Amesbury, and 7 N. of Salisbury. The parish is bounded on the E. by the river Avon, and includes the tything of Bottesford and part of the hamlet of Manningford-Bohun. The soil is a light loam, and the land chiefly arable, with some good water meadow. On the downs are many barrows. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, value with that of Woodford annexed, £250, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, was repaired in 1858. The Baptists have a chapel."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Wilsford (near Amesbury) is 2 miles SW of Amesbury. Grid Ref SU135398. Postcode SP4 7BL. Population 119 in 1831, in 1951. There is another Wilsford near Pewsey.