"WINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Bradford, county Wilts, 2½ miles S. of Bradford, and 2 S.W. of Trowbridge. The village includes the tything of Rowley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, val: £240, in the patronage of trustees. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities produce about £4 per annum. J. Houlton, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Wingfield or Winkfield is 2 miles West of Trowbridge. Grid Ref ST826568. Postcode BA14 9LW. Population 288 in 1831, 294 in 1951.