National Gazetteer (1868) - Woodborough
"WOODBOROUGH, a parish and township in the hundred of Swanborough, county Wilts, 9 miles from Devizes, and 4 W. of Pewsey. It is a station on the Great Western railway. The village is situated in a valley near the Kennet and Amesbury road. At Honey Street, a short distance from the village, passes the Kennet and Avon canal, on the banks of which is a wharf for coal, timber, &c. A great number of canal boats and barges are built here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £500. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. The Wesleyans have a chapel. There are National schools. The charities produce about £6 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]