"WORTON, a tything and ecclesiastical district in the parish and hundred of Potterne, county Wilts, 3½ miles S.W. of Devizes. It is situated near the bank of the Thames, and has recently been formed into a separate ecclesiastical district."
Worton and Marston were tythings of the parish of Potterne until 1852. Worton is 3 miles NW of East Lavington, Marston is just South of Worton. Grid Ref ST972575. Postcode SN10 5SE. Population of Worton 302 in 1831, 327 in 1951. Population of Marston 175 in 1831, 132 in 1951