National Gazetteer (1868) - Worton and Marston
"WORTON, a tything and ecclesiastical district in the parish and hundred of Potterne, county Wilts, 3½ miles S.W. of Devizes. It is situated near the bank of the Thames, and has recently been formed into a separate ecclesiastical district."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]