"ABBERTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred and union of Pershore, in the county of Worcester, near Bromsgrove. The living is a discharged rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £161, in the patronage of W. Laslett, Esq. There is a mineral spring, the water of which is tonic and purgative, and is said to be little inferior to that of Epsom."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- A description of Abberton in Noake's Guide to Worcestershire, 1868.
- This place shown on a Google map. Use this link to report the exact location of this place.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.