ACTON BEAUCHAMP, Worcestershire
"ACTON BEAUCHAMP, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, in the county of Worcester, 11 miles to the S.W. of Worcester. Bromyard is the post town. It was formerly the estate of the Beauchamps. Part of the land is laid out in hop-grounds. There are some mineral springs in the parish. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £320, in the patronage of the Rev. R. Cowpland. The church is dedicated to St. Giles."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]